Advanced Forestry Skills
Next Intake: April 29 - September 6, 2019 | Cranbrook, BC
Do you have a passion for the outdoors and an interest in pursuing a career in forestry?
This 19 week, fully funded, field-based forestry program could be for you! Advanced Forestry Skills Training participants will gain a wide variety of skills, certifications and hands-on experience. This program includes valuable industry networking opportunities and three week job placements with local forestry employers.
- Currently underemployed or unemployed
- Must live in the East Kootenay region
- Must meet EI Eligibility requirements
Our Advanced Forestry Skills Training Program covers a wide range of valuable skills and certifications that will set you up for success in a future career in forestry. The program includes:
- Forestry Field Studies, including species identification, map, compass, streams, wildlife management, forest health, GPS, GIS, timber cruising, layout, forest operations, fuels management, tree planting, silviculture and more.
- Occupational First Aid - Level 3
- Silviculture Surveyor Certification
- Wildlife Danger Tree Assessor
- Harvesting and Silviculture
- Basic Chainsaw Operator
- Basic Brush Saw, Brushing and Thinning Training
- S100 Basic Fire Suppression and Safety
- S185 Fire Entrapment Avoidance
- Basic Fall Protection
- Bear Aware
- Canadian Safety Council ATV and UTV Off-Road Vehicle Operation
- BC Hydro Utility Tree Worker
- Teambuilding, Leadership, Work Readiness, TOWES and more
To see if you meet the eligibility requirements for this program, please contact WorkBC at 250-489-5117. You can also complete the form below and we will let you know when we begin accepting applications for the next intake of our Advanced Forestry Training Program in your area.