Advanced Forestry Skills
Next Intake: February 4 - June 14, 2019
Do you have a passion for the outdoors and an interest in pursuing a career in forestry?
This 19 week, fully funded, field-based forestry program could be for you! Advanced Forestry Skills Training participants will gain a wide variety of skills, certifications and hands-on experience. This program includes valuable industry networking opportunities and three week job placements with local forestry employers.
- Currently underemployed or unemployed
- Must live in the East Kootenay region
- Must meet EI Eligibility requirements
Our Advanced Forestry Skills Training Program covers a wide range of valuable skills and certifications that will set you up for success in a future career in forestry. The program includes:
- Forestry Field Studies, including species identification, map, compass, streams, wildlife management, forest health, GPS, GIS, timber cruising, layout, forest operations, fuels management, tree planting, silviculture and more.
- Occupational First Aid - Level 3
- Silviculture Surveyor Certification
- Wildlife Danger Tree Assessor
- Harvesting and Silviculture
- Basic Chainsaw Operator
- Basic Brush Saw, Brushing and Thinning Training
- S100 Basic Fire Suppression and Safety
- S185 Fire Entrapment Avoidance
- Basic Fall Protection
- Bear Aware
- Canadian Safety Council ATV and UTV Off-Road Vehicle Operation
- BC Hydro Utility Tree Worker
- Teambuilding, Leadership, Work Readiness, TOWES and more
For more information and to see if you meet the eligibility requirements, please contact Amanda at WorkBC at 250-489-5117 or fill out the form below.